Brocade has extended its partnership with
"Enterprises are rapidly virtualising their server and storage devices to make their infrastructures more flexible, scalable, programmable and of course, more cost-effective. Now we are beginning to see a similar trend in the networking domain with the virtualisation of network. However customers must keep in mind that they will have to retain large portions of their physical networks as well. Currently the tools that network managers use to manage their physical infrastructures give them little or no access or visibility into the virtual infrastructure," said
The Brocade VDX switch family, running VCS Fabric technology, is at the heart of the new gateway. Brocade's VCS Fabric technology is also central to the company's 'On-Demand Data Centre' strategy which was launched in May this year. The switches can be deployed either independently or in a 'fabric' layout which the company believes will serve as the foundation for Software-Defined Networking (SDN), a much talked about trend that is expected to see real-world implementation in the Middle East IT market within the next five years.
The VMware NSX solution with the Brocade VCS Gateway is designed to be the logical step in the migration to cloud based IT architectures which, given the region's interest in the trend, could prove to be a big selling point of the solution. Market research and advisory company IDC has forecast spending on cloud in the
Brocade announced that the Brocade VCS Gateway for VXLAN solution will be available in the fourth quarter of 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response