TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 08/27/13 -- UFCW Canada, the leading voice for workers in Canada, has released 100 YEARS OF SOLIDARITY - a new CD compilation of labour songs written and performed by a new generation of Canadian artists and labour activists. UFCW Canada (United Food and Commercial Workers union) is the country largest and most progressive private-sector union, with over 250,000 members working from coast to coast.
Each of the artists who contributed to 100 YEARS OF SOLIDARITY has strong roots in social justice issues and the fight for workers' rights. Award-winning artists and contributors include Adam Bomb, SPIN El Poeta, Ruben Beny Esguerra, Manuela Astudilio, Scandalis Tony Ranks, The Real Sun, Savilion, and Pablo Godoy.
"For over a century, the voice and hopes of working people have resonated through Labour Songs that ring just as true now as when they were first written," says Wayne Hanley, the National President of UFCW Canada.
"Solidarity Forever and other labour songs were the battle cries that uplifted workers in their struggle for workplace justice and fairness. They are still powerful today. 100 Years of Solidarity honours the songs, struggles, and victories of workers' past, while passing the torch to a new generation of activists ready to boldly join their voices in collective action."
100 YEARS OF SOLIDARITY was officially launched and distributed at the UFCW 7th Regular Convention in Chicago, where it was smash hit with thousands of delegates, labour allies, and political leaders in attendance. 100 YEARS OF SOLIDARITY has now also been launched for digital download, at no cost, at www.ufcw.ca/100years.
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Hiring on the Rise at Small Businesses
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- How to Fit Green Energy Into Your Portfolio
- Sanctions Will Hit Russia Hard if Not Lifted Quickly
- Jerry Brown Favors More Shelters for Immigrant Kids