On the bearer network, the backbone network adopts the 100G IP and OTN synergy technology, which makes Zain the first operator to deploy a 100G E2E network that adopts IP and OTN synergy in the
The backbone network adopts the industry-leading 100G E2E IP and OTN synergy solution. With the deployment of high-end routers and 100G wavelength division equipment and effective traffic synergy between IP and OTN (wavelength division) sides, the solution provides huge bandwidth and significantly improves bearer efficiency of the backbone network. Furthermore, the network protection, fault location, rapid synergy deployment, and simple operation and maintenance provided by the synergy solution greatly reduce the cost of network operation and maintenance.
Hani El-Kukhun, Chief Operation Officer at Zain Kuwait, said: " Our unified transmission network that we have selected from
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project