Welsh actor Timothy Dalton is to co-star in the new drama series "Penny Dreadful," which will begin filming this fall, Showtime announced Monday.
Co-starring Josh Hartnett and Eva Green, the 19th century-set psychological thriller is set for a 2014 premiere.
Best known for playing secret agent James Bond in "The Living Daylights" and "License to Kill," Dalton has also starred in the TV miniseries "Jane Eyre" and "Scarlett," as well as the films "Hot Fuzz" and "The Tourist."
Dalton will play Sir Malcolm in "Penny Dreadful." The network described the character as "a hardened African explorer on a deeply personal quest."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says