Welsh actor Timothy Dalton is to co-star in the new drama series "Penny Dreadful," which will begin filming this fall, Showtime announced Monday.
Co-starring Josh Hartnett and Eva Green, the 19th century-set psychological thriller is set for a 2014 premiere.
Best known for playing secret agent James Bond in "The Living Daylights" and "License to Kill," Dalton has also starred in the TV miniseries "Jane Eyre" and "Scarlett," as well as the films "Hot Fuzz" and "The Tourist."
Dalton will play Sir Malcolm in "Penny Dreadful." The network described the character as "a hardened African explorer on a deeply personal quest."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight