Welsh actor Timothy Dalton is to co-star in the new drama series "Penny Dreadful," which will begin filming this fall, Showtime announced Monday.
Co-starring Josh Hartnett and Eva Green, the 19th century-set psychological thriller is set for a 2014 premiere.
Best known for playing secret agent James Bond in "The Living Daylights" and "License to Kill," Dalton has also starred in the TV miniseries "Jane Eyre" and "Scarlett," as well as the films "Hot Fuzz" and "The Tourist."
Dalton will play Sir Malcolm in "Penny Dreadful." The network described the character as "a hardened African explorer on a deeply personal quest."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story