Welsh actor Timothy Dalton is to co-star in the new drama series "Penny Dreadful," which will begin filming this fall, Showtime announced Monday.
Co-starring Josh Hartnett and Eva Green, the 19th century-set psychological thriller is set for a 2014 premiere.
Best known for playing secret agent James Bond in "The Living Daylights" and "License to Kill," Dalton has also starred in the TV miniseries "Jane Eyre" and "Scarlett," as well as the films "Hot Fuzz" and "The Tourist."
Dalton will play Sir Malcolm in "Penny Dreadful." The network described the character as "a hardened African explorer on a deeply personal quest."
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?