JACKSONVILLE, FL -- (Marketwired) -- 08/26/13 -- Sunshine State Insurance Company is pleased to announce the receipt of a $2 million cash contribution to surplus from its parent company, Sunshine State Insurance Holdings Corporation. The contribution brings Sunshine State's policyholders' surplus to in excess of $17 million, the highest level in the Company history.
Stephen Korducki, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented that the surplus contribution is part of a continuing effort to strengthen the Company's balance sheet. Korducki reported the Company's policyholders' surplus has increased by 60 percent over the past three years through a combination of earnings and capital contributions, while its modeled probable maximum 1-in-100-year hurricane loss has decreased by over 40 percent during the same time span.
Sunshine State Insurance Company is based in Jacksonville and has served Florida policyholders since 1997.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- Student Startup Develops Date-rape Detector
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare