Iranian Armed Forces are upgrading their capabilities in electronic warfare, Lieutenant Commander of Khatam Ul-Anbia Air Defense Base Brigadier General Alireza Sabahifard said, adding that the country is now equipped with advanced radars, missiles and artilleries.
"Today, the (Khatam Ul-Anbia) base is standing against the enemies as a lever of deterrence using the equipment and achievements" gained by the young people working in the country's defense organizations, Sabahifard said in
"Today, despite the sanctions, we have reached good results in electronic warfare as well as the production of radar, missile and artillery tools, systems and equipment,"
In relevant statements in October, a senior Iranian military commander said
"The future wars will not be similar to the war during the 8 years of the Sacred Defense (i.e. Iraqi imposed war on
The commander said the Iranian defense forces are promoting their capabilities to cope with the existing threat, and stated, "Therefore, we were necessitated to have our detection and identification systems equipped with different frequency bands and now they have this capability."
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief