Features of the os5500 include:
• Rugged aluminum enclosure suitable for outdoor installations
• Fast response time, 1000 mm/s
• Stable, high resolution measurements
• Full temperature compensation
• IP65 environmental ingress protection
The os5500 is an ideal sensor for a variety of applications in long-term structural monitoring of key expansion joints in bridges, dams, large concrete or stone structures and geotechnical projects. The all-optical design of the os5500 enables it to outperform gages based on traditional LVDT technology under harsh conditions and ensures long gage life. The rugged design, flexible mounting fixture and 2 m standard wire-rope measurement probe allow for versatile installation.
The os5500 can be used alone or in series in an FBG sensor array: including fiber optic strain and temperature gages, accelerometers and other displacement gages. Cabling for FBG-based arrays is much less expensive and cumbersome than comparable electronic gage networks. Cables can be joined directly inside the enclosure, eliminating the need for separate junction boxes. The os5500 delivers all of the other advantages inherent to all FBG based sensors, including EMI immunity – something vibrating wire gages cannot offer.
“We are excited about the launch of the os5500 Displacement Gage. With its long range capabilities, it is a significant addition to our portfolio of industry-leading fiber optic sensors,” commented
For more information on the os5500 and Micron Optics’ entire line of industry-leading optical sensors, visit http://www.micronoptics.com/sensors_products.php.
Micron Optics’ (http://www.micronoptics.com) optical sensing and tunable filter products make impossible measurements possible, revealing new, critical information for infrastructure, energy, transportation, medical and industrial sectors. Since 1990, Micron Optics has been expanding its core capabilities from tunable optical components and leading-edge instrumentation and software, to complete optical sensing systems. Micron Optics is a privately held company with headquarters in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/8/prweb11057083.htm
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Archer Daniels Midland Moving HQ to Chicago
- Budget Deal on Brink of Passing in Senate
- Apple: Disney Animation iPad App Best of 2013
- China Provokes Bitcoin Crash
- Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Atlanta, San Jose
- Wine Collector Convicted of Making Fake Vintages