Influential US Senator John McCain repeated Monday
his demand for US military intervention in Syria, saying in Seoul he
was "totally convinced" the Syrian government had used poison gas in
attacks last week.
McCain, the Republican presidential candidate in 2008, told journalists at the Asan Institute for Policy Studies, "We don't need UN corroboration but it would be nice to have it."
"If the US stands by and does not take very serious action, not just launching some cruise missiles, then our credibility in the world is diminished even more."
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal