DWDM technology is responsible for carrying multiple 10Gbit/s wavelengths and can scale to support many more 10GBit/s and 100Gbit/s services.
Liquid managing director Mr
"The high-speed technology goes across the borders into
These two data centres are in turn linked to five undersea cables, namely SEACOM, WACS, EASSY, SAT 3 and TEAMS," he said.
He added that this data transmission technology brings more resilient transmission architecture, thus the network will be available and is guaranteed 100 percent of the time.
"A fault in one part of the network will not cause down time since the self-healing rings work more efficiently in DWDM compared to its predecessor called Synchronous Digital Hierarchy,"
He also said DWDM is a future proof technology in that it brings an almost limitless capacity to the network with only terminal equipment upgrades being required in order to increase bandwidth capacity.
Last month, Liquid partnered
Typical long-haul optical networks require an amplifier site every 100km in order to amplify the signal.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod