All the benefits of a large touchscreen mobile phone with a decent sized QWERTY keyboard -- a new phone from LG is expected to launch on the
Catering to the market that still struggles with typing on a touchscreen, but wants a screen size larger than offered by BlackBerry handsets, there is little competition for a device that will still win customers.
Sadly, the specifications look somewhat pedestrian, with just a modest screen resolution and a 5 megapixel camera.
For people who want something a bit more substantial in terms of capability, but also a physical keyboard, there are a number of accessory firms offering Bluetooth based slider keyboards -- such as this one for the Samsung S4.
Your correspondent is still disappointed that HTC did not follow up on the Desire Z with an updated model.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus