HTC, a pioneer of LTE smartphones previously, appears to have lost its competitive advantage in the segment and has seen its market share lag behind
Samsung is the top vendor in the LTE smartphone segment with a 47% share, followed by Apple at 23.5%, Sony Mobile at 6.2%, LG at 4% and HTC at 3%, the data showed.
In comparison, HTC was the top LTE smartphone vendor with an over 80% market share in the first quarter of 2011, according to industry sources.
Competition in the segment has become keener than ever as smartphone vendors around the global are now easy to roll out LTE-enabled models, utilizing LTE chipset solutions from
The chances are slim for HTC to regain its share in the LTE smartphone segment from its rival vendors, commented the sources.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today