Global Marine Networks (GMN) the leaders in advancing satellite data speeds and services, today marked the 10th anniversary of XGate satellite data service – the platform that has developed from a satellite email optimization program to the worlds leading independent satellite data platform. Today, XGate connects satellite phone customers to the people and information that matter most via email, web, weather, social media and GPS Tracking services.
“XGate launched into a world where mobile satellite services were new, and using satellite data was difficult and expensive,” said Dr.
XGate is currently the leading independent provider of satellite data services, with a comprehensive suite of satellite-optimized services, including:
• Satellite Email – XGate accelerates email an average of 20 times, and provides virus scanning, filtering and attachment management to save users up to 85% on their satellite airtime
• Satellite Web – XGate’s companion service XWeb accelerates web browsing 3-5 times on average by stripping out backgrounds and animations, compressing images and text, blocking viruses, and re-rendering web pages for speed
• Weather Data – XGate works seamlessly with GRIB files and any standard GRIB file viewer to enable the automatic downloading of weather and oceanographic forecasts critical to travelers
• Social Media Services – XGate allows users to keep friends, family and co-workers up to day by posting to
XGate grew with the introduction of the XGate Satellite Email App for iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) and XGate Satellite Email for Android app with the launch of the RedPort Optimizer and associated apps, making XGate available to millions of mobile device users. By providing a satellite-connected Wi-Fi hotspot, Optimizer also let adventurers, boaters and remote workers use XGate with a new generation of small, lightweight devices.
XGate is also sold as a “white-labeled” service under many different brand names by the world’s leading satellite phone carriers, service providers and retailers.
Global Marine Networks (GMN), the leaders in advancing satellite data speeds and services, helps Fixed and Mobile Satellite Services providers and their customers by offering the industry’s fastest, most reliable and easy-to-use email, web, and other hardware and software services to maritime, oil and gas, first responder and business continuity users. The company’s products include XGate high-speed satellite email,
Ship to shore network management solutions are sold by GMN under the RedPort Global brand name at http://www.redportglobal.com and as white-label solutions for the world’s premier satellite data service providers.
GMN has numerous awards and certifications for technical innovation and holds pending patents on its products. For more information on how GMN is Making Airtime Count™ – whether ship to shore, or in remote or emergency communications environments visit http://www.globalmarinenet.com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/satellite/data-service/prweb11010902.htm
Most Popular Stories
- American Airlines, US Airways Complete Merger
- ACA Delay Stresses Small Businesses
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Unemployed Wait as Lawmakers Debate
- General Dynamics Plans 200 New Jobs in N.M.
- Harley Issues Motorcycle Recall
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Auto Dealer Builds Big Solar Project
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Entrepreneurs' Next Creation May Be New Laws