TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 08/26/13 -- Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center is deeply disturbed to learn about TransLink's agreement to run historically distorted anti-Israel advertisements on its buses and SkyTrain stations.
The four-part advertisement falsely depicts a map of "Palestine" overtaken by the modern state of Israel. In truth, an official state of Palestine had never existed, while Jewish contiguous presence on the land is a record of fact.
"While Israel and the Palestinian Authority are currently engaged in peace negotiations to resolve their differences and reach a two-state solution, TransLink will be running ads that are provocative and incite hatred and contempt," said Avi Benlolo, FSWC President & CEO.
The sponsoring groups for the ad openly seek the destruction of the State of Israel by calling for boycotts, divestment and sanctions against the nation.
"By running this ad, TransLink is aiding and abetting groups that are malicious and questionable, while countering its own mission statement of inclusivity," Benlolo said.
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center is a non-profit human rights organization committed to countering racism and anti-semitism and to promoting the principles of tolerance, social justice and Canadian democratic values through advocacy and education.
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
416.864.9735 x 33 (office)
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border