There is never a perfect time for this type of transition,"
But the world has changed rapidly and
Its Windows software may still be the number one choice for desktop and laptop computers, but most people now are using smartphones and tablets - a field that
Ballmer's departure gives the firm a fresh start to try to take back control of the sector it once led. An outside appointment could be the key way to secure the radical change it needs.
Ballmer has already declared that
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.