Cesar Angulo was named general sales manager at America CV Network stations America Teve (WFUN) and Teveo (WJAN) in South Florida last week, the company announced.
"Cesar is an outstanding addition to our solid sales team," said Herb Espino, vice president of sales for America CV.
Mr. Angulo started his local sales career in 1994 with the Chicago Tribune, joined Telemundo in Chicago in 2000 and was promoted to management positions within the company after it was bought by NBCUniversal. Among his career highpoints was the 2012 launch of the MundoFox affiliate in San Francisco.
"America Teve's programming has been a staple in South Florida with strong viewership for many years," Mr. Angulo said.
"Teveo is our second channel with less than a year since it was launched, and it is already making a significant impact by outperforming several competitors in the Miami DMA," he added, citing the Nielsen Company's overnight measurement.
America CV Network owns the New York and Puero Rico affiliates of MundoFox network, and owns and operates stations in Miami, New York and Puerto Rico.
Find out how U.S. Hispanic-owned export companies are doing in the Export Enterprises: Expanding the Marketplace overview.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment