The Mechanic (Channel 4, tonight, 9pm) LEADING man Jason Statham stars in a loose remake of the 1972 Charles Bronson movie of the same name.
He plays a hit man who decides to take the son of his dead mentor under his wing and teach him their dubious trade. The film proves why Statham's become Hollywood's go-to guy for charismatic action heroes and he helps to turn The Mechanic into a entertaining thriller.
Last Chance Harvey (BBC Two, Monday, 10.30pm) OSCAR winners Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson team up for this tale of two lonely people who find love when they least expect it in writer-director Joel Hopkins' gently paced and incredibly charming romance. Hoffman and Thompson add polish to the familiar material.
The Wedding Singer (ITV2, Thursday, 8pm) ADAM Sandler stars as a second-rate wedding singer who develops a grudge against the world after being jilted by his own fiancee. Drew Barrymore plays a waitress who is pondering marriage to a yuppie with a Miami Vice fixation. No prizes for guessing the outcome, but the 80s setting and cheesy music make this one of those comedies that gets better with repeat viewing.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- E-scrap Recyclers Find Profits in Upgrades
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- Congress Casts a Coy Vote on ISIS War
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry