Philippine Development Foundation has announced its annual fundraising gala with a live performance by Tony Award winner Lea Salonga at San Francisco's Nourse Auditorium at City Arts on Saturday, October 5th at 8 p.m.
According to a release, Lea Salonga's performance at the benefit concert event will kick off Filipino American History month, celebrated annually throughout October. Salonga is a Filipina actress and singer, best known for her role as Kim in the musical, Miss Saigon, for which she garnered the Tony, Olivier, Drama Desk, Outer Critics and Theatre World awards. She played the roles of Eponine and Fantine in the global musical phenomenon, Les Miserables, earning rave reviews from audiences and critics worldwide. Lea is the singing voice of Jasmine in Disney's Aladdin, the singing voice of the title role in Mulan, and was honored as a "Disney Legend" in 2011.
Salonga's program for the PhilDev benefit concert will include an array of musical genres: Broadway favorites, a tribute to her idols Ella Fitzgerald and Barbra Streisand, American contemporary pop, and classic Filipino hits.
"We are thrilled that Lea Salonga will be performing at our annual benefit gala in this rare visit to San Francisco," said PhilDev Chair Dado Banatao. "It means so much to us to have a legend like Lea supporting our cause, and showing the world the potential of Filipinos everywhere. This will truly be a night to remember."
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals