Philippine Development Foundation has announced its annual fundraising gala with a live performance by Tony Award winner Lea Salonga at San Francisco's Nourse Auditorium at City Arts on Saturday, October 5th at 8 p.m.
According to a release, Lea Salonga's performance at the benefit concert event will kick off Filipino American History month, celebrated annually throughout October. Salonga is a Filipina actress and singer, best known for her role as Kim in the musical, Miss Saigon, for which she garnered the Tony, Olivier, Drama Desk, Outer Critics and Theatre World awards. She played the roles of Eponine and Fantine in the global musical phenomenon, Les Miserables, earning rave reviews from audiences and critics worldwide. Lea is the singing voice of Jasmine in Disney's Aladdin, the singing voice of the title role in Mulan, and was honored as a "Disney Legend" in 2011.
Salonga's program for the PhilDev benefit concert will include an array of musical genres: Broadway favorites, a tribute to her idols Ella Fitzgerald and Barbra Streisand, American contemporary pop, and classic Filipino hits.
"We are thrilled that Lea Salonga will be performing at our annual benefit gala in this rare visit to San Francisco," said PhilDev Chair Dado Banatao. "It means so much to us to have a legend like Lea supporting our cause, and showing the world the potential of Filipinos everywhere. This will truly be a night to remember."
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Scripps Shares Rise on Reported Bid Talks
- Budget Deal Sets Off Grumbles in Both Houses