Android 4.3 First Smartphone OS to Natively Support Kiswahili -->
It's almost a month since
A growing number of mid-end smartphones including the Intel Yolo and others run Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, while a few devices do run Android 4.2.1 , which brings them to Android's latest major version, JellyBean. However, only high end smartphones such as the Samsung Galaxy S4, the Samsung Galaxy Mega and the Sony Xperia Z run Android 4.2.2.
The Galaxy S3, the Galaxy S4,the Xperia Z and perhaps the Galaxy Mega remain among the few phones sold in
So, what's in Android 4.3?
The most noticeable feature in Android 4.3 for the region is the inclusion of Kiswahili as a supported language. This means that in addition to English, you can now also use Kiswahili as a choice language on your phone, including typing through your phone's keyboard.
Other features include support for Bluetooth Smart and also ability to display song names on your car's radio through bluetooth. Bluetooth Smart is a technology that uses much less power when you are on bluetooth.
Android 4.3 also comes with better graphics, which should be of great help to game players. Other features are better support for multiple profiles on tablets, meaning that more than one user can better share, login and logout of the tablet.
While a number of users reported vastly improved battery life with Android 4.3, others are reporting reduced battery life. Some users also reported issues including failure to reconnect to a WiFi network when the signal drops due to poor connectivity.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients