'N Sync joined Twitter a day before a rumored MTV Video Music Awards reunion in
New York and sent out a cryptic message, the group's representatives confirmed.
"Mic check, mic check one...two..is this thing on?" read the tweet sent out Saturday.
The account was verified a few hours after the tweet was posted, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The five members, Justin Timberlake, J.C. Chasez, Lance Bass, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, are rumored to take the stage together during Sunday's event.
During a recent interview, Bass would not confirm or deny the rumored reunion.
"It's amazing to see the reaction out there on Twitter and social media [and] how many people are supporting 'N Sync," he said.
The group's last televised performance came at the 2003 Grammy Awards, and the VMAs will take place at Brooklyn's Barclays Center Sunday.
Timberlake is also set to receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, the VMA's version of the lifetime achievement award.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low