'N Sync joined Twitter a day before a rumored MTV Video Music Awards reunion in
New York and sent out a cryptic message, the group's representatives confirmed.
"Mic check, mic check one...two..is this thing on?" read the tweet sent out Saturday.
The account was verified a few hours after the tweet was posted, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The five members, Justin Timberlake, J.C. Chasez, Lance Bass, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, are rumored to take the stage together during Sunday's event.
During a recent interview, Bass would not confirm or deny the rumored reunion.
"It's amazing to see the reaction out there on Twitter and social media [and] how many people are supporting 'N Sync," he said.
The group's last televised performance came at the 2003 Grammy Awards, and the VMAs will take place at Brooklyn's Barclays Center Sunday.
Timberlake is also set to receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, the VMA's version of the lifetime achievement award.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu