'N Sync joined Twitter a day before a rumored MTV Video Music Awards reunion in
New York and sent out a cryptic message, the group's representatives confirmed.
"Mic check, mic check one...two..is this thing on?" read the tweet sent out Saturday.
The account was verified a few hours after the tweet was posted, The Hollywood Reporter said.
The five members, Justin Timberlake, J.C. Chasez, Lance Bass, Joey Fatone and Chris Kirkpatrick, are rumored to take the stage together during Sunday's event.
During a recent interview, Bass would not confirm or deny the rumored reunion.
"It's amazing to see the reaction out there on Twitter and social media [and] how many people are supporting 'N Sync," he said.
The group's last televised performance came at the 2003 Grammy Awards, and the VMAs will take place at Brooklyn's Barclays Center Sunday.
Timberlake is also set to receive the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award, the VMA's version of the lifetime achievement award.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Parents Opt to Keep Baby Photos off Facebook
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Rising U.S. Consumer Prices Slowed Down in July
- Home Depot Builds Nice Net Income in Q2
- Mike Brown Death Timeline
- Student Entrepreneurs Get a Leg Up in Philly
- Taylor Swift is a Country Dweller No More
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery