According to the approval of the
Taking into consideration the importance of nanotechnology, its close and coordinate interaction with the existing technologies, the numerous economical and social effects of this technology, and also its effective role in petroleum, gas, refinery, and petrochemical industries, the
According to the prospects of this document, petroleum industries of the
• Producer of petroleum products based on nanotechnology with high added value;
• Consumer of nanotechnology based processes in oil recovery, increasing the performance, reduction of environmental pollutants, quantitative and qualitative improvement of products, and resolving the operational challenges;
• Consumer of Iranian nanotechnology based products to increase the performance, decrease the dependency and reduce the costs;
• Exporter of nanotechnology based products and services.
Among the objectives of the Document, mention can be made of the management of research and technology plans, production of products according to the needs of the companies, commercialization of research achievements, and developing nanotechnology equipment produced in the country.
Obtaining 27 key technologies has been targeted by the end of 2016, according to the Document. Among these technologies, mention can be made of the following items:
Oil recovery in oil reservoirs by using nanostructured materials, modification of excavation drills by using nano-diamond coatings, the use of nanofilters in turbines and operational units, the use of carbon nanotubes and graphene in excavation cement, the use of nanocatalysts in HDS processes, thermal nano-insulations and nano-emulsion.
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- 'American Hustle' Review
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum