Cree Assigned Patent for Wafer Precursor Prepared for Group III Nitride Epitaxial Growth on a Composite Substrate having Diamond and Silicon Carbide Layers, and Semiconductor Laser Formed Thereon
The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A high power, wide-bandgap device is disclosed that exhibits reduced junction temperature and higher power density during operation and improved reliability at a rated power density. The device includes a diamond substrate for providing a heat sink with a thermal conductivity greater than silicon carbide, a single crystal silicon carbide layer on the diamond substrate for providing a supporting crystal lattice match for wide-bandgap material structures that is better than the crystal lattice match of diamond, and a Group III nitride heterostructure on the single crystal silicon carbide layer for providing device characteristics."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- Free Social Media Marketing Seminar
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Trader Denies Rate-Rigging in LIBOR Scandal
- Falling Gas Costs Keep U.S. Consumer Prices Flat
- How Do You Store the Wind?
- Mandela, Walker Among Google's Top Searches
- BlackBerry Sheds More Execs
- Mega Millions Jackpot Climbs to $586 Million
- Budget Bill Passes Key Hurdle in Senate
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach