Thanks to a team from the
Their step up in gadgets for photography is in the form of something called FlexCam, a special camera that can shoot panoramas by combining a flexible OLED viewfinder with a camera array, Physorg said.
This may be considered a new bent, literally, in panoramic devices. As the team describes it, they are combining two emerging concepts in consumer electronics and photography: the trend toward camera arrays and the trend toward flexible display devices.
The result is a "compound" type of camera platform.
This prototype allows for the photograph to act as a camera, exploiting the flexibility of the viewfinder as a means to dynamically reconfigure images captured by the photograph. They recently released a video that shows the prototype in action.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief