Voyager 2, one of two
The spacecraft, which launched on
Voyager 2, working in conjunction with its twin Voyager 1, were launched to explore the outer solar system Both spacecraft have flown past Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune, along with 48 of their moons and their magnetic fields. Voyager 2 is the only
In 1990, Voyager 1 and Voyager 2 both embarked on a mission to enter interstellar space, the space between star systems in a galaxy.
There's a scientific debate going on about where Voyager 1 is.
However, a team of researchers from the
Voyager 1, according to university researchers, has begun the first exploration of our galaxy beyond the sun's influence.
Despite the debate over Voyager 1, scientists seem to consistently believe that Voyager 2 still is within the heliosphere.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact
- Office Depot Moving HQ to Florida