Amman (dpa) - Top military officials from the United States,
Britain and several Arab countries are to meet in Amman this week to
discuss the situation in Syria, the Jordanian state news agency
They are to discuss the fallout of alleged chemical weapons use near the Syrian capital, Damascus, Jordanian sources said.
US Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Martin Dempsey is to attend the meeting, which is also set to include the participation of top military brass from France, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Russia, Italy, Canada, Turkey and Qatar.
Most Popular Stories
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- FOMC Minutes From June 17 Meeting: Full Text
- 7-Eleven Marks Appy Birthday with Freebies
- Ford Wrings Mileage out of Three-Cylinder Fiesta
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Judge Strikes Down Colo. Gay Marriage Ban
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Legal Pot Shops Do Roaring Business on Opening Day
- Is Eva Mendes Pregnant With Ryan Gosling's Baby?
- UTEP Students Tapped to Test Lunar Dust Device