The abstract of the patent published by the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office states: "A semiconductor component includes a semiconductor substrate having a substrate contact, and a through wire interconnect (TWI) bonded to the substrate contact. The through wire interconnect (TWI) includes a via through the substrate contact and the substrate, a compressed wire in the via bonded to the substrate contact, and a contact on the wire. A stacked semiconductor component includes the semiconductor substrate, and a second semiconductor substrate stacked on the substrate and bonded to a through wire interconnect on the substrate."
The patent application was filed on
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Dow Jumps 200 Points on Jobs Data
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.