Free Movies in Liberty Lake Today, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off." A high school wise guy is determined to have a day off from school, despite what the principal thinks. Rated PG-13. Saturday, "The Wizard of Oz." Dorothy Gale is swept away to a magical land in a tornado and embarks on a quest to see the Wizard who can help her return home. Rated PG. Movies shown at dusk. Pavillion Park, 727 N. Molter Road, Liberty Lake. Free. (509) 755-6726.
South Perry Summer Outdoor Movies Saturday, "Marvel's The Avengers." Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. brings together a team of superhumans to form The Avengers to help save the Earth from Loki and his army. Rated PG-13.Movie starts at dusk. The Shop, 924 S. Perry St. Free. (509) 534-1647.
Summer Short Lakeside Screenings Klink's Resort hosted a film festival this year, and competitors spent a weekend in June creating films at the lake. Attendees will have a chance to discuss the films with a judges panel following the screening. Cocktails, beer, wine and movie snacks will also be available for purchase. Family friendly - just bring your lawn chairs. Saturday, 8 p.m., Klink's Resort, 18617 W. Williams Lake Road, Cheney. Free. (509) 235-2391.
Harry Potter Party Wizards of all ages are invited to discover Platform No. 9 3/4 and to travel to Hogwarts. Muggles are welcome, too. The feature-length film "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" will be screened in the Shirley Parker Storyroom beginning at 3 p.m. after the party. Children younger than 6 visiting the library need to be supervised by an adult or a person who is at least 14 during programs. Children ages 6-9 should be accompanied by someone who is at least 14 who will remain in the building. Tuesday, noon, Coeur d'Alene Library, Community Room, 702 E. Front Ave., Coeur d'Alene. Free. (208) 769-2315.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property