The phones, which run the Windows Phone operating system, will be equipped with Avanade's Mobile Airline Platform, which combines
Avanade has integrated the system into Delta's operations and will provide ongoing support, maintenance and system enhancements for the next three years.
More than 19,000 Delta flight attendants globally will have access to a
The system enables "near real-time" credit card processing for on-board purchases, convenient eReceipts that can be emailed to customers, as well as the ability to read coupons displayed on a customer's mobile device, said Delta.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama