Percona, the company that makes MySQL faster and more reliable, has been named to the 2013 Inc. 5000 list. The list measures revenue growth from 2009 through 2012 for U.S.-based companies that were privately held, for profit, and independent as of
Founded in 2006, Percona delivers breakthrough products and services to help companies meet their greatest data challenges without any compromise in performance through the cost-effective, reliable scaling of open source software databases including MySQL, Percona Server, and MariaDB. Through the first half of 2013, Percona surpassed 2,000 total customers, experienced over 100 percent year-over-year growth in the total number of Support customers, surpassed 500,000 downloads of its open source software, and grew to nearly 100 employees.
Additional Highlights The 2013 Inc. 5000 listed Percona at number 33 for
The 2013 Inc. 5000 listed Percona at number 77 in the
Percona was recognized as The Top Innovator in the SQL Technologies category of the 2013 DeveloperWeek Best of Tech Awards. Award winners are determined by a combination of peer voting and a review from an independent panel of judges.
Percona was named to the inaugural DBTA 100 list of the companies that matter most in data. The directory was compiled by the editorial staff of Database Trends and Applications (DBTA), and the 100 companies on the list were selected based on their presence, execution, vision, and innovation in delivering products and services to the data management marketplace.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- Trapped Florida Whales Head for Deeper Waters
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook