Abbott's vision care business has been expanded nto the femtosecond laser-assisted cataract surgery market with the acquisition.
The procedures of most of the contract are executed manually with the surgeon making incisions into the eye by hand. OptiMedica's Catalys Precision Laser System is designed to allow surgeons to replace some of the technically demanding manual steps in cataract surgery with precise, image-guided, femtosecond laser technology. A femtosecond laser can be utilized to produce an anterior capsulotomy, effect phacofragmentation, and make a variety of incisions during cataract surgery. The Catalys laser system has both CE Mark in and clearance from the
OptiMedica has been bought by the Abbott for
Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List