EDMONTON, ALBERTA -- (Marketwired) -- 08/23/13 -- Deep Well Oil & Gas, Inc. ("Deep Well" or "Company") (OTCQB: DWOG) is pleased to announce that the entirety of the claim of the Plaintiff Hardie & Kelly against Deep Well Oil & Gas, Inc. has been dismissed by a Judge of the Court of Queen's Bench of Alberta Judicial District of Calgary. Deep Well was not required to pay any amounts toward the resolution of this lawsuit but filed a request for dismissal with the Court which the Plaintiff fully consented to upon its merits.
Deep Well and its Canadian subsidiaries, Northern Alberta Oil Ltd. and Deep Well Oil & Gas (Alberta) Ltd., has, before the Farmout to MP West Canada SAS, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Saint-Aubin Energy (owned 1/3 by Maurel et Prom and 2/3 by MPI, two listed companies based in Paris, France - "Maurel et Prom") a 90 per cent working interest in 51 contiguous square miles of oil sands leases, an 80 per cent working interest in 5 contiguous square miles of oil sands leases and a 25 per cent (post Farmout) working interest in 12 contiguous square miles in the Sawn Lake heavy oil area in North Central Alberta. The leases cover 17,408 gross hectares (43,015 gross acres).
The Company's filings may be accessed at the SEC's Edgar system at www.sec.gov. Statements made herein are as of the date of this news release. A full description of the litigation can be found in our 8-K filed on the Edgar system today.
Deep Well Oil & Gas, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low