LOS ANGELES - Steven Moyer will play Capt. Von Trapp in NBC's upcoming live production of "The Sound of Music."
The network announced Friday that the "True Blood" star has been cast in the Dec. 5 holiday special. Carrie Underwood is set to play the governess Maria.
The production is based on the 1959 Broadway play and produced by Academy Awards telecast producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
Moyer was last seen on stage in a production of "Chicago" at the Hollywood Bowl, in which the actor portrayed Billy Flynn.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11