LOS ANGELES - Steven Moyer will play Capt. Von Trapp in NBC's upcoming live production of "The Sound of Music."
The network announced Friday that the "True Blood" star has been cast in the Dec. 5 holiday special. Carrie Underwood is set to play the governess Maria.
The production is based on the 1959 Broadway play and produced by Academy Awards telecast producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
Moyer was last seen on stage in a production of "Chicago" at the Hollywood Bowl, in which the actor portrayed Billy Flynn.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges