LOS ANGELES - Steven Moyer will play Capt. Von Trapp in NBC's upcoming live production of "The Sound of Music."
The network announced Friday that the "True Blood" star has been cast in the Dec. 5 holiday special. Carrie Underwood is set to play the governess Maria.
The production is based on the 1959 Broadway play and produced by Academy Awards telecast producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron.
Moyer was last seen on stage in a production of "Chicago" at the Hollywood Bowl, in which the actor portrayed Billy Flynn.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Honda's Safe Approach Pays Off in Sales
- Target Slashes Annual Profit Outlook
- Google Kid Accounts Plan Raises Worries
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Islamic Militant in James Foley Beheading Video May Be English