Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "The kinetic and thermodynamic parameters of the adsorption of cationic yellow X-GL (CY) in aqueous solution on ATP/AC composites were studied. During all experiments, CY concentration was determined by UV-vis spectrophotometer. Research on the thermodynamic behavior indicated that the adsorption of CY obeyed the Langmuir isotherm model. The adsorption enthalpy was -16.37 kJ/mol, the Gibbs-free energy was -28.73 to -27.04 kJ/mol, and the entropy was about 35 J mol(-1) K-1, which showed that the adsorption process was both exothermic and spontaneous."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The kinetic parameters showed that absorption of CY on ATP/AC composites was best described by pseudo-second-order kinetics."
For more information on this research see: Kinetics and thermodynamics characteristics of cationic yellow X-GL adsorption on attapulgite/rice hull-based activated carbon nanocomposites. Environmental Progress &
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.