OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwired) -- 08/23/13 -- The issue:
Vita Health Products Inc., in consultation with Health Canada, is voluntarily recalling certain lots of "Personnelle Cold and Flu-in-One Extra Strength" and "Personnelle Flu Relief" due to a labeling error.
Important warnings and overdose information are printed on the inside of the box. Since there are no directions to check the inside of the box, consumers may miss this important consumer safety information.
Who is affected:
Consumers who have purchased these products.
What consumers should do:
- Read the warnings on the inside of the outer product packaging (also available below).
- Consult your healthcare practitioner (as outlined in the warning information provided below) if you have used any of these products and have concerns about your health.
- Consumers who have any questions about these products may call Vita Health Products at 1-800-665-8820, Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EDT for further information.
- Report any adverse reactions to Health Canada.
What Health Canada is doing:
Health Canada is monitoring Vita Health's recall and ongoing review of packaging and labeling practices and will inform Canadians if new information comes to light.
Vita Health Products Inc. has informed Health Canada that as of August 21, 2013, there had been no adverse reactions reported concerning these products. As well, Health Canada had not received any adverse reaction reports related to this issue as of July 31, 2013.
Personnelle Cold and Flu-in-One Extra Strength - Lots: 1K107B2NVR; 2D070B2QH1; 2D214B2S0F; 2G121B2U8N; 2G121B2UA0; 2G198B2UA0; 2J094B31AX
Personnelle Flu Relief - Lot: 00067288
Photos of the products are available at this address: http://media3.marketwire.com/docs/healthCanada_0823_e.pdf
For more information:
More information is also available from Vita Health Products Inc. by calling 1-800-665-8820, Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:30 pm EDT or their website.
How to report side effects of health products to Health Canada:
- Call toll-free at 1-866-234-2345
- Visit MedEffect Canada's web page on Adverse Reaction Reporting for information on how to report online, by mail or by fax.
Stay connected with Health Canada and receive the latest advisories and product recalls using social media tools.
Egalement disponible en francais
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Kerry Calls for Calm in Gaza
- U.S. Wholesalers Cut Stockpiles as Sales Weaken
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks
- UAW Will Take Another Swing at VW Chattanooga