NEW YORK - Demi Lovato is taking her big voice to "Glee."
The 21-year-old singer-actress will appear in multiple episodes of the show's upcoming fifth season, her publicist confirmed Friday.
"Glee" star Lea Michele tweeted Thursday that she was excited that two of her "very best friends" - Lovato and Broadway vet Phoebe Strole - would appear on the Fox show, and thanked creator Ryan Murphy for making it happen.
Lovato is in her second year as a mentor on "The X Factor." She starred on the Disney Channel's "Sonny With a Chance" for two seasons.
The new season of "Glee" premieres Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. EDT.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder