NEW YORK - Demi Lovato is taking her big voice to "Glee."
The 21-year-old singer-actress will appear in multiple episodes of the show's upcoming fifth season, her publicist confirmed Friday.
"Glee" star Lea Michele tweeted Thursday that she was excited that two of her "very best friends" - Lovato and Broadway vet Phoebe Strole - would appear on the Fox show, and thanked creator Ryan Murphy for making it happen.
Lovato is in her second year as a mentor on "The X Factor." She starred on the Disney Channel's "Sonny With a Chance" for two seasons.
The new season of "Glee" premieres Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. EDT.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- U.S. Banks' Earnings Rose 5.2 Percent in Q2