NEW YORK - Demi Lovato is taking her big voice to "Glee."
The 21-year-old singer-actress will appear in multiple episodes of the show's upcoming fifth season, her publicist confirmed Friday.
"Glee" star Lea Michele tweeted Thursday that she was excited that two of her "very best friends" - Lovato and Broadway vet Phoebe Strole - would appear on the Fox show, and thanked creator Ryan Murphy for making it happen.
Lovato is in her second year as a mentor on "The X Factor." She starred on the Disney Channel's "Sonny With a Chance" for two seasons.
The new season of "Glee" premieres Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. EDT.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- Canadian Pacific Ends CSX Talks
- Cowboys Turn Back Clock to Glory Days
- Kerry Cites Moral Need in Weapons Air Drop
- US Stocks Move Higher Despite Drag by IBM
- Peyton Manning Sets TD Passing Record
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV