NEW YORK - Demi Lovato is taking her big voice to "Glee."
The 21-year-old singer-actress will appear in multiple episodes of the show's upcoming fifth season, her publicist confirmed Friday.
"Glee" star Lea Michele tweeted Thursday that she was excited that two of her "very best friends" - Lovato and Broadway vet Phoebe Strole - would appear on the Fox show, and thanked creator Ryan Murphy for making it happen.
Lovato is in her second year as a mentor on "The X Factor." She starred on the Disney Channel's "Sonny With a Chance" for two seasons.
The new season of "Glee" premieres Sept. 26 at 9 p.m. EDT.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today