GALENA, Ill. - More than two dozen bands will highlight the inaugural Unsigned Galena Music Festival today through Sunday in Depot Park on the Galena riverfront, as well as a variety of other venues.
About half of the bands are from the local/area scene while the other half are regional or national acts, many of which were invited by Sunset Island Music Radio's Michael Della Donna. The emphasis is on original music.
The Festival Kickoff Party takes place tonight from 6 to 9, with entertainment by The Buzzhounds. Food and beverages will be for sale.
Saturday, two stages will host music from 11 a.m.-10 p.m. After that, taverns and hotels involved with the festival will feature more music until 1 a.m.
Sunday, downtown taverns and venues play host the national performing acts from noon to 8 p.m.
Admission is $10 (free for children younger than 12). No carry- ins will be allowed.
Among the other acts will be Autumn Zero, Bloodline Riot, Blue and Evol, The Giving Moon, Hello Ramona, Ockham's Razor, Petibone, Regulation Nine, The Reserve, Synphormi and Zaramela.
This festival is spearheaded by the Galena Downtown Business Association, and Gold Sponsors include the Galena Brewing Co., The Belvedere Mansion, The DeSoto House Hotel, Chef Ivos Place and The Galena Canning Co.
A portion of the proceeds will be used to raise funds for The Special Olympics Winter Games, the Galena ARC and a scholarship fund for students pursuing a degree in music.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text