Entertainment One and Epix have announced the release of William Shatner's new Star Trek themed mini-series, The Captains Close Up on DVD.
According to a release, The Captains Close Up is a five episode mini-series that "boldly goes where no man has gone before," giving viewers an intimate look at the actors that have inhabited this role all through the eyes of the man who played the first Captain: William Shatner.
The Captains Close Up is based on the feature documentary The Captains, produced and directed by Shatner. It provides a behind- the-scenes look at the actors who have made Star Trek an international phenomenon. Each episode features Shatner conducting an in-depth, one-on-one interview with each of his fellow Captains, and delves into the working challenges and personal rewards each actor garnered from his or her role at the Starfleet helm.
In each episode The Captains Close Up focuses on one of the Captains of Star Trek: Sir Patrick Stewart, Scott Bakula, Kate Mulgrew, Avery Brooks and Shatner. Chris Pine, the newest Enterprise Captain, turns the tables to interview Shatner, and the two compare notes about love, life and family.
The Captains Close Up miniseries is a production of 455 Films and Love Lake Productions in association with Le Big Boss Productions. Shatner also serves as producer, along with Kevin Layne and David Zappone.
((Comments on this story may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org))
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story