The Laster Group, one of El Paso's largest advertising agencies, has
changed its name to CultureSpan Marketing and will focus more on
Spanish-language and Hispanic marketing, the firm announced Thursday.
The firm has launched a new Web site, culturespanmarketing.com, and will promote its "transcreation" creative process, it reported. Transcreation is the term the agency uses to describe the process of taking marketing messages developed for English-speaking audiences and turning them into culturally appropriate messages for Hispanic audiences, it reported.
"We've been doing this for our clients for many years; now we see this as a strategic advantage for our business given the tremendous growth in the Hispanic market," Nancy Laster, the agency's president and co-founder, said in a statement.
Its emphasis will be on Hispanic marketing, but the agency also will continue to provide general marketing services to existing clients, it reported.
(c)2013 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts
- Snowden Questions Putin on TV Call-in Show
- Poor Barbie Sales Drag on Mattel