The "Way to Geaux" application can be downloaded on any iPhone or Android device by visiting either the iTunes
"Providing drivers with timely information about travel conditions is one of the most important services DOTD can provide," said DOTD Secretary
The application works by automatically sending alerts to your smartphone after an incident is entered into the system by operators in the TMC. Operators will enter information on any lane-blocking incident located on interstate, U.S. or state highways that affects normal traffic flow or could present a possible hazard to motorists. In addition, operators will enter unplanned road work into the system if the closure results in congestion or presents a possible hazard.
The application is designed for TMC operators to provide detailed information alerting motorists of congested areas and in some cases providing alternative routes. For more information and links to download the application, visit http://bit.ly/WayToGeaux.
CC AutoTriage7sm-130823-30TagarumaMar-4464740 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum
- Ally Financial Settles Auto Loan Suit
- Covered California Lags on Hispanic Enrollment
- Climate Change Isn't an Equal Opportunity Destroyer
- Luis Suarez Re-ups With Liverpool F.C.