The Second City serves up the last laughs of summer courtesy of "Happily Ever Laughter," a sketch comedy revue that skewers reality TV stars and Washington, D.C. The Metropolis Performing Arts Centre hosts the ensemble as part of its sketch comedy series.
Opens at 8 p.m. Friday, Aug. 23, at 111 W. Campbell St., Arlington Heights. $28.50, $33.50. (847) 577-2121 or .
Fox Valley Repertory continues its season with "Let's Misbehave!" a musical salute to the music of Cole Porter, directed and choreographed by Jeff Award winner Kevin Bellie and featuring Khaki Pixley, Blake Reddick, Heather Townsend and pianist Ryan Brewster. The show centers around three single friends, one man and two women, who are attracted to the same guy.
Previews begin at 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, at 4051 E. Main St., St. Charles. The show opens Sept. 7. $32, $42. (630) 584-6342 or .
Libertyville native Marti Lyons returns to Sideshow Theatre Company to direct the Chicago-area premiere of "9 Circles," playwright Bill Cain's re-examination of Dante's "Inferno." Produced in association with the Chicago Department of Cultural Affairs and Special Events, Cain's drama centers around an army private accused of a war crime, who is awaiting judgment. Andrew Goetten stars as Pvt. Daniel Reeves.
Previews begin at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 29, at the Storefront Theater, 66 E. Randolph St., Chicago. The show opens Sept. 5. $10, $15. See .
-- Barbara Vitello
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise