"The Industrial Affiliates Program provides a link between academia and our industry, which is important because the health care supply chain is quickly gaining visibility and growing in importance as hospitals look for ways to cut costs and become more efficient," says
Launched in the spring of 2013, the
UW faculty members are able to network with industry and business professionals within their field and exchange ideas, and students are able to network and to put their resumes before future employers. Industry partners enjoy invitations to program meetings and on-campus events, sponsorship of activities such as speaker series, access to future interns and employees, and recognition of their contributions.
"We are extremely pleased to be partnering with GHX," says
Fees associated with the program go toward department excellence funds to support activities not otherwise funded, including honoraria for outside speakers; student organization support; sponsoring travel to conferences; programming, contests and other meetings; scholarships; and the annual affiliate meeting.
Fees for the program range from
UW faculty research continues to advance the field not only nationally but internationally, and the program offers outstanding facilities, including the Advanced Research Campus Computer,
UW's computational science curriculum supports learning for immediate needs as well as a foundation for lifelong learning, and small class sizes provide students with the opportunity to work one on one with professors.
For more information about the Industrial Affiliates Program, visit www.uwyo.edu/ceas/csiap or contact
For more information, visit www.ghx.com and The Healthcare Hub.
TNS 30TagarumaMar-130822-4463306 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief