The fixed services arrangement among the
Air-to-Ground Services - Statement of Intent allows for creation of a nationwide digital system covering the sharing and coordination of spectrum for the establishment and operation of general aviation air-ground services. It provides for sharing of spectrum when operations are located within various distances (ranging from approximately 490-580 kilometres) of the common border, specifically air-to-ground and fixed services in the 454.6625-454.9875 MHz and 459.6625-459.9875 MHz bands.
The 896-901 and 935-940 MHz bands are used by the Specialized Mobile Radio Services (SMR) and the business/industrial radio services primarily for voice communications. Specialized Mobile Radio Services arrangement governs the sharing and coordination of such services operating within 100 kilometres of the common border, simplifies the criteria for permitting secondary users in the band.
Most Popular Stories
- Stolen Cobalt-60 Recovered in Mexico
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Sarmiento to Handle Greeley Latin Ops
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Below 300,000
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- White House Pushes to Extend Unemployment Benefits
- Wind Power and Wildlife Can Coexist
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag