Aug. 21--"America's Got Talent" fell in ratings week-to-week Tuesday night, the last round of performances before the semi-finals, but still couldn't be touched.
The two-hour telecast, which featured comedian John Wing, a gospel choir and a dance group called Catapult Entertainment, averaged 8.35 million viewers and a rating of 2.2 in the key 18-to-49 demographic, easily winning the night, according to early numbers from Nielsen.
The show's 18-to-49 rating fell 8% from last week. NBC won among networks with a 1.8 in that demographic and average viewership of 6.75 million.
ABC's "Extreme Weight Loss" jumped 18% from last week to a rating of 1.3, beating Fox's "So You Think You Can Dance" in the 18-49 demographic for the first time. "Extreme Weight Loss," which ran from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m., averaged 3.69 million viewers.
"So You Think You Can Dance" fell 8% from last week to a 1.2 rating and drew 3.8 million viewers.
And it looks like this summer has been good to Adult Swim. The young-adult animation lineup, which runs from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m. on Cartoon Network, said Wednesday that it will win prime time in the 18-to-49 segment for the summer among basic cable networks for the first time in its history.
From May 28 to August 19, the network brought in an average to 779,000 viewers in the key demographic, up 14% from the same period last year, and a rating of 0.6 (up 20%). Not bad for a network that mostly features reruns of "King of the Hill" and Seth MacFarlane cartoons during prime time.
Adult Swim's total viewership was unchanged from last year.
(c)2013 the Los Angeles Times
Visit the Los Angeles Times at www.latimes.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?