Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "The study of energy transfer between Tb3+ and Eu3+ ions was carried out by means of PL, PLE, and photoluminescence decay analyses. The energy transfer from Tb3+ to Eu3+ is efficient and we show how a resonant type via a dipole-dipole interaction is the most probable mechanism. We compared the energy-transfer efficiencies calculated from the intensities and from the lifetimes of D-5(4) ? F-7(5) transition of Tb, showing the presence of two populations of Tb, with different local surroundings, in the matrix."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "Furthermore, the critical distance between Tb3+ and Eu3+ ions has been calculated by means of different theories, from a new probabilistic approach based on the discretization of the theory of Chandrasekhar about the distribution of the nearest neighbors in a random distribution of particles, and from the PL data, suggesting a value of about 7 angstrom."
For more information on this research see: Energy transfer between Tb3+ and Eu3+ in co-doped Y2O3 nanocrystals prepared by Pechini method.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2013, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- How Monthly Jobs Reports Move the Markets' Needle
- Consistent Hiring Points to Stronger Economy Ahead
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Thad Cochran, 76, Seeks 7th Senate Term
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Eagle Deaths OK'd for Wind Power
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM