First lady Michelle Obama on Saturday will appear in the longest
running Spanish-language variety show in America -- Univision's Sabado Gigante,
which is taped in Miami.
The three-hour, circus-style show, hosted by Don Francisco, is known for is comedic sketches, performers, dancing girls, contests and tearful family reunions.
In South Florida, the show airs from 8 to 11 p.m. on Univision23.
The first lady will appear during a popular kids' segment, " Conversando con los Ninos," which resembles a "kids-say-the-darnest-things-routine." She will promote her Let's Move! national initiative against widespread childhood obesity.
Greeting viewers initially in Spanish, Michelle Obama will speak directly to Hispanic children, highlighting the importance of balanced nutrition and inviting them to join their family members in the kitchen to cook together and prepare healthy meals.
The network said viewers can join the conversation on Twitter via @sabadogigante as well as comment along with others on facebook.com/SabadoGigantepaginaoficial.
(c)2013 The Miami Herald
Visit The Miami Herald at www.miamiherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status