First lady Michelle Obama on Saturday will appear in the longest
running Spanish-language variety show in America -- Univision's Sabado Gigante,
which is taped in Miami.
The three-hour, circus-style show, hosted by Don Francisco, is known for is comedic sketches, performers, dancing girls, contests and tearful family reunions.
In South Florida, the show airs from 8 to 11 p.m. on Univision23.
The first lady will appear during a popular kids' segment, " Conversando con los Ninos," which resembles a "kids-say-the-darnest-things-routine." She will promote her Let's Move! national initiative against widespread childhood obesity.
Greeting viewers initially in Spanish, Michelle Obama will speak directly to Hispanic children, highlighting the importance of balanced nutrition and inviting them to join their family members in the kitchen to cook together and prepare healthy meals.
The network said viewers can join the conversation on Twitter via @sabadogigante as well as comment along with others on facebook.com/SabadoGigantepaginaoficial.
(c)2013 The Miami Herald
Visit The Miami Herald at www.miamiherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Desktop, Laptop Setups Still King
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Demand for Fair Trade Brings Big Opportunity, Clear Conscience
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Zillow in Reported $2B Bid for Real Estate Rival Trulia
- Google Confirms $1B Acquisition of Twitch.tv
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast