First lady Michelle Obama on Saturday will appear in the longest
running Spanish-language variety show in America -- Univision's Sabado Gigante,
which is taped in Miami.
The three-hour, circus-style show, hosted by Don Francisco, is known for is comedic sketches, performers, dancing girls, contests and tearful family reunions.
In South Florida, the show airs from 8 to 11 p.m. on Univision23.
The first lady will appear during a popular kids' segment, " Conversando con los Ninos," which resembles a "kids-say-the-darnest-things-routine." She will promote her Let's Move! national initiative against widespread childhood obesity.
Greeting viewers initially in Spanish, Michelle Obama will speak directly to Hispanic children, highlighting the importance of balanced nutrition and inviting them to join their family members in the kitchen to cook together and prepare healthy meals.
The network said viewers can join the conversation on Twitter via @sabadogigante as well as comment along with others on facebook.com/SabadoGigantepaginaoficial.
(c)2013 The Miami Herald
Visit The Miami Herald at www.miamiherald.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms