GetEQUAL Texas has issued a travel advisory for LGBT people considering
visiting San Antonio.
"GetEQUAL TX alerts those traveling to San Antonio, Texas, of a continued risk of discrimination based upon sexual orientation and/or gender identity. The city of San Antonio does not currently protect lesbian, gay, bisexual and/or transgender ("LGBT") people from being legally ejected from their hotel rooms or other places of public accommodation," the advisory states.
"Although city officials are attempting to correct the issue for LGBT travelers, hundreds have appeared on the streets in front of council demanding that such discrimination discontinue," it said.
According to a news release, GetEQUAL Texas is a national grassroots social justice organization whose mission is to empower the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ) community and allies to take bold action to demand full legal and social equality, and to hold accountable those who stand in the way.
(c)2013 the San Antonio Express-News
Visit the San Antonio Express-News at www.mysanantonio.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool