technology Initiative Stimulates Innovation in Companies -->
On Monday, the
"This is a public policy program consisting of various strategic actions geared towards nanotechnology becoming the most innovative Brazilian industry. And, therefore, stronger and more competitive, so as to strengthen and increase the competitiveness of the national economy," said Minister
According to the MCTI Secretary of
The IBN aims to bring together the academic infrastructure and businesses, strengthening links between research, knowledge and the private sector. "The initiative is aligned with the National Strategy for Science, Technology and Innovation (ENCTI), introduced by our ministry. The main objective of the ENCTI is to make science, technology and innovation the focus of development in the country", said the minister.
Raupp also stressed that the MCTI devotes special attention to three areas considered fundamental in strengthening the Brazilian scientific base, increasing technological development and generating innovative products, services and processes. These are: information technology, biotechnology and nanotechnology.
"We are putting innovation at the heart of the Brazilian economy in order to have greater production of goods with high added value. We are also building a development model that is sustainable, not only in economic terms, but also in environmental, social and cultural terms," said the minister.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- N.M. Dems Say Nonprofit Helping Martinez Campaign