According to the report, 97.4 percent of all users of Avira Free Antivirus percentage are running real-time protection. This percentage bested 11 other competitors, and nearly eclipsed Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) at 98 percent. MSE is pre-installed on all Windows 7 computers and the OPSWAT report further found that 14.3 percent of MSE users also have another antivirus product like Avira running simultaneously.
"As a free product, it is easy to presume that many of our customers download the product but don't actively use it. However, this research finds exactly the opposite to be true-in fact nearly all of our installations are active and users rely upon our real-time security protection," said
The complete OPSWAT report can be found here.
o Download Avira Free Antivirus: http://www.avira.com/en/downloads#home
o Follow Avira's TechBlog: http://techblog.avira.com/en
o Join the Avira community on Facebook: www.facebook.com/avira
More than 100 million consumers and small businesses depend upon Avira's security expertise and award-winning antivirus software, making the company the number-two market share leader globally. Avira is ranked #1 in technology innovation according to
Avira provides IT-security protection to computers, smartphones, servers and networks, delivered as both software and cloud-based services. Visit www.avira.com.
Rocket Science PR
+1 415 464 8110 x216
+1 925 354 7444
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise
- Shanghai Smog Forces Factory Shutdowns
- Amanda Bynes Enrolls in California's FIDM
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines