TO EMBRACE the reopening of Merlin's fabulously refurbished Regal Theatre, Redruth, the Don't Stop Believing Entertainment Group will take to the stage on Saturday to host a charitable musical extravaganza entitled Musicality 2013: The Regal Years. Founded by musician and performer Claire-Louise Auguste from Porthleven in the summer of 2011, the Don't Stop Believing Entertainment Group (DSB) was formed with two very heartfelt objectives - to keep live music and theatre alive in the county while helping others.
I wanted to create a performance environment that would encourage and provide a platform for all ages, talents and interests in the arts.
Having recently undertaken my first West End 'gig' in London's Soho I am so proud to have DSB making their Cornish 'West End' debut at the Regal Theatre, said the 21-year-old performer, pictured. About to embark on the final year of her music performance degree at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music & Dance in London, Claire- Louise is dedicating her university break to raising money for charity. To date, DSB has raised well over Pounds 5,000 for a selection of charities. The chosen charities for this year's summer production are Children's Hospice South West, CLIC Sargent and the Phoenix Stroke Appeal.
The show includes the Regal Years Orchestra, featuring upand- coming big band and West End musicians. They are led by trumpet player and Count Basie Big Band specialist, Stuart Fowler. Combined with over 50 voices and 16 musicians on stage, the audience is in for a treat. Among the shows featured in the production are The Sound Of Music, Les Miserables, Copacabana, We Will Rock You, Matilda, Elton John and Tim Rice's Aida, not to forget some of Andrew Lloyd Webber's greatest hits.
Ticket prices: adults Pounds 10, under-18s Pounds 7.50, box seat Pounds 15, family ticket (two adults, two children) Pounds 25 (not including boxes). Call the box office on 01209 216278.
A service of YellowBrix, Inc.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?