The Wide-field Infrared Survey Explorer will be revived next month with the goal of discovering and characterizing near-Earth objects, space rocks that can be found orbiting within 28 million miles from Earth's path around the sun,
"The data collected by NEOWISE two years ago have proven to be a gold mine for the discovery and characterization of the NEO population,"
In September WISE will be reactivated in September for a new three-year mission, researchers said.
"The team is ready and after a quick checkout, we're going to hit the ground running,"
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Economic Growth Boosts U.S. Futures
- The Costs of Repealing Obamacare
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Verizon to Issue Transparency Report