British pop star Zayn Malik, a member of the boy band One Direction, is engaged
to Little Mix lead singer Perrie Edwards, The Mirror reported.
"It was so romantic -- Zayn popped the question over the weekend when they were alone together," a source told the newspaper.
"It's one of the first weekends they've spent with each other, as they've both been on tours with their bands. He wanted to wait for the perfect moment," the insider said. "All her band-mates were at V Festival, and she couldn't wait to tell them. They're all really excited for her, as the rest of One Direction are for Zayn."
Edwards showed off her diamond engagement ring at the London premiere of the One Direction movie "This is Us" Tuesday night, the Mirror said.
Malik and Edwards, who are both 20, have been dating since 2011.
The newspaper didn't report an anticipated wedding date.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Thalia Gets Star on Hollywood Walk of Fame
- How to Arm Yourself Against CryptoLocker Virus
- World Cup Draws: Coaches, Players Offer Insights
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- Texas Chiller Moves East
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise